Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
The Southeast Educational Data Symposium (SEEDS) promotes analytics to advance learning outcomes, raise student retention, and improve graduation rates. The symposium brings together administrators, instructors and researchers from across the region.
The theme for SEEDS III is Data Matters. The symposium will be an energetic, tightly-packed, one-day event featuring 12 presentations and two panel discussions. In addition, two exceptional keynote speakers will be on hand to kick off and close the symposium.
Opening Keynote: Dr. Tristan Denley
Dr. Tristan Denley is the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Chief Information Academic Officer of the University System of Georgia. He earned his PhD in Mathematics from Trinity College Cambridge. He was instrumental in the creation of Degree Compass, a course recommendation system that creates tailored course-of-study plans for students. Degree Compass has been recognized by President Barack Obama, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and others.
Closing Keynote: Dr. George Siemens
Dr. Siemens is Professor and Executive Director of the Learning Innovation and Networked Knowledge Research Lab at University of Texas, Arlington. He researches technology, networks, analytics, and openness in education. He has advised government agencies in Australia, the European Union, Canada, and the United States on digital learning and learning analytics. He is a founding President of the Society for Learning Analytics Research. In 2008, he pioneered massive open online courses (MOOCs). He has delivered keynote addresses in more than 35 countries.
- Registration: Now open (Early bird registration ended on January 31, 2018)
- Deadline for proposals to speak at SEEDS III: December 15, 2017 (Closed)
- Late registration begins: February 1, 2018
- SEEDS III Symposium: February 27, 2018
SEEDS III Steering Committee
- Chair: Yakut Gazi, PhD — Associate Dean of Learning Systems, Georgia Tech Professional Education
- T. Mack Brown — CEO, Ascendae
- Myk Garn, PhD — Asst. Vice Chancellor for New Learning Models, University System of Georgia
- Timothy Harfield, PhD — Blackboard Analytics
- Scott James — Data Scientist, Hobsons
- Wendy Kallina, PhD — Director of Academic Analytics, Kennesaw State University
- Amanda Madden, PhD — Research Scientist, Center for 21st Century Universities, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Chad Marchong — Manager of Learning Analytics, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Georgia State University