Proposals due: December 15, 2017
The SEEDS III planning committee invites proposals for presentations.
- Abstracts must submitted online by Friday, December 15, 2017
- Selections will be made no later than Monday, January 15, 2018
SEEDS puts a stronger emphasis on practical applications than on research, but research topics will not be rejected out of hand. The guiding criterion in selecting presentations is their likely impact on participants. We especially want to showcase presentations that will leave participants both:
- inspired by the possibilities that analytics can bring to their campuses, and
- taking actions that can make a difference in the academic careers of their students.
Possible topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Student Success and Retention
- Improving Graduation Rates
- Predicting Student Achievement
- Intervention Measurement and Evaluation
- Social Network Analysis
- Data Governance, Ethics and Privacy
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- High-Impact/Low-Cost Data Analysis
- Learning Analytics Systems and Technologies
When preparing proposals, be aware that presentations will be limited to 30 minutes. This includes time for questions and discussion.
Proposals from Non-University Sources
Proposals from vendors and other non-university sources are welcome so long as the presentation has a university or technical college co-presenter.
Proposals should include a title, a 500-word description and a 250-word biography of the presenter(s).
Click here to submit your proposal online.